Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
[split] Real time? [CodeIgniter 4 Important Features]

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2016, 02:05 PM by spjonez.)

Narf Wrote:Are you claiming that it is impossible to work with compressed files or do image manipulation with JavaScript?

If so, you're full of shit.

So you've benchmarked zipping and unzipping files with PHP and JS? Please share your results showing them being even remotely close to equivalent.

Code:
function test( ) {
    var x = 0.1 * 0.2;

document.write( x );
}

test();

Result: 0.020000000000000004

Amazing. I guess I am full of shit. It's obvious you and I don't see eye to eye on just about everything and I'm getting tired of defending myself against a PHP zealot such as yourself so I'm going to stop posting on here. My work speaks for itself I don't need to prove anything to you. Enjoy your bubble I bet the view is wonderful this time of year.

(09-23-2016, 11:28 AM)spjonez Wrote:
Narf Wrote:Are you claiming that it is impossible to work with compressed files or do image manipulation with JavaScript?

If so, you're full of shit.

So you've benchmarked zipping and unzipping files with PHP and JS? Please share your results showing them being even remotely close to equivalent.

No, I have not done any such benchmarks. I don't need to.
I'm not claiming that they are equally fast at present, let alone using the same libraries and techniques as you do.

My claim is that there's no inherent limitations in the language itself.
Your claim, I don't know anymore what it is, because every single one of your replies ignores half of mine, and then changes the topic and you pretend like that is somehow is a valid response.

Seriously, look at what you've just quoted here and how you've answered.

I said that you're full of shit if you claim that working with compressed files and/or images in JavaScript is impossible. And I must say I didn't expect you to reply to that, as it is so obviously not true.

Yet, that's exactly what you pick on ... but then you reply with something about benchmarks. You can't benchmark the impossible. How do you even make a connection here is beyond me.

You even go further with moving the goal posts, by now talking about ZIP in particular as opposed to compression in general. And this just further proves my point - that is not a language-dependant feature, you'll need a library for every single algorithm.

(09-23-2016, 11:28 AM)spjonez Wrote:
Code:
function test( ) {
   var x = 0.1 * 0.2;

document.write( x );
}

test();

Result: 0.020000000000000004

Amazing. I guess I am full of shit.

Amazing, is how you mentioned math precision (completely unrelated to the rest of the argument), I ignored it, and now you're presenting it as if this is a core point in our disagreement.
This is an obvious straw man, and for that, you are full of shit indeed.

(09-23-2016, 11:28 AM)spjonez Wrote: It's obvious you and I don't see eye to eye on just about everything and I'm getting tired of defending myself against a PHP zealot such as yourself so I'm going to stop posting on here.

A PHP zealot? Are you on drugs or something?
Did I not just spend my last few replies defending JavaScript?!

I may very well be a zealot, but one on principle.
You on the other hand, are just hell-bent on not admitting that you may've been wrong about anything, ever.

(09-23-2016, 11:28 AM)spjonez Wrote: My work speaks for itself

Another thing that you're just inserting here, completely unrelated to the topic.
Not that you care about your work, but it's funny that you say that, because I don't believe we've seen any of it.

(09-23-2016, 11:28 AM)spjonez Wrote: I don't need to prove anything to you.

When you make a claim, you have to be prepared to prove it or admit that you can't.
That's the root of the problem we have here - you say something that is IMO not true, I point it out, and you invent a thousand straw men to avoid admitting that you can't back up your claims. Who's the zealot again?

(09-23-2016, 11:28 AM)spjonez Wrote: Enjoy your bubble I bet the view is wonderful this time of year.

I will, thanks.

I don't see an option in user CP to delete my account if you could delete me I'd appreciate it.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB