Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
POST filters "poker"

I have a simple form setup that allows visitors to submit text which is then scanned for key words ...

http://word-inspector.poldings.com

If I enter the word "poker" in a sentence or just by itself, the POST filtering removes all content for that field.

If I enter the word "piker" or "pokes", it's accepted fine.

Basically, var_dump($_POST) shows empty if I enter the word "poker".

This is built using CI v3.0.1.

There must me a third-party filter or regex installed that is picking up spammy words like "poker" ... but I can't find it.

Anyone else have this problem?

(09-21-2016, 02:13 PM)poldings Wrote: I have a simple form setup that allows visitors to submit text which is then scanned for key words ...

http://word-inspector.poldings.com

If I enter the word "poker" in a sentence or just by itself, the POST filtering removes all content for that field.

If I enter the word "piker" or "pokes", it's accepted fine.

Basically, var_dump($_POST) shows empty if I enter the word "poker".

This is built using CI v3.0.1.

There must me a third-party filter or regex installed that is picking up spammy words like "poker" ... but I can't find it.

Anyone else have this problem?

This could also be outside of CI. A hosting company could have installed some filter to do that. Are you running this on a loacl machine that you control? Or on a hosting?

If on a hosting try installing it locally to see if ths is the same.

Ralf
On the package it said needs Windows 7 or better. So I installed Linux.

Interesting.

It is remotely hosted with Clook. I will check with them.

Thanks for the pointer.

It turns out the host did have a set of filters in place for certain word types and that's what prevented the form being processed.

Thanks for your help.

(09-22-2016, 10:00 AM)poldings Wrote: It turns out the host did have a set of filters in place for certain word types and that's what prevented the form being processed.

Thanks for your help.

Great news, Glad i could help.
On the package it said needs Windows 7 or better. So I installed Linux.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB