Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
is codeigniter 2.2.6 is compatible with php 7 ?

I am also using codeigniter 2.2.6, now i need to upgrade php to 7 is it compatible with php 7 ? can any one help.

I can't say about CI 2.x, but I tried with CI 3.x.
There were a lot of warnings and errors so I back to php 5.6.x.

I think we should wait for CI 4.

(12-09-2016, 01:40 AM)Vitaly83 Wrote: I can't say about CI 2.x, but I tried with CI 3.x.

Sure, you can't get yourself to make a trivial update, but somehow waiting for a version with a ton of BC breaks makes sense ... how?!

(12-08-2016, 10:53 PM)raazkumar Wrote: I am also using codeigniter 2.2.6, now i need to upgrade php to 7 is it compatible with php 7 ? can any one help.

I can help: You need to upgrade to CI 3 too.

I have dev websites on PHP7 that are CI versions 2.X and 3.X. No issues.

Thanq ALL

(12-09-2016, 04:02 AM)Narf Wrote:
(12-09-2016, 01:40 AM)Vitaly83 Wrote: I can't say about CI 2.x, but I tried with CI 3.x.

Sure, you can't get yourself to make a trivial update, but somehow waiting for a version with a ton of BC breaks makes sense ... how?!

Not for that project I told there.
Here I told about using php 7 with CI. It'll be better to wait for CI 4.

Migration from CI 2 to CI 3 is trivial but do not forget about projects specifics. Sometime is better to not to migrate. It would take much time.

(12-12-2016, 12:10 AM)Vitaly83 Wrote: Migration from CI 2 to CI 3 is trivial but do not forget about projects specifics. Sometime is better to not to migrate. It would take much time.

That "sometime" can only be when you're running up-to-date software.

CI2 reached EOL over a year ago - that's how much time you've had already, there's no excuse.

(12-12-2016, 12:10 AM)Vitaly83 Wrote: Not for that project I told there.
Here I told about using php 7 with CI. It'll be better to wait for CI 4.

Codeigniter 3 has been compatible with PHP 7 for months. What you are saying is completely wrong. And no one should be waiting for CI 4. CI 4 is going to be a big rewrite of your application.

A great strategy would be to move your application to PHP 7 as soon as possible so its compatible. Then get more experience learning and working with PHP 7. As a bonus your application will run much faster on PHP 7. Then when you are ready to upgrade to CI 4 it will be much easier.

(12-12-2016, 11:37 AM)cartalot Wrote: Codeigniter 3 has been compatible with PHP 7 for months. What you are saying is completely wrong. And no one should be waiting for CI 4. CI 4 is going to be a big rewrite of your application.

Hmm, well, I'll try again. I tested my own project (CI 3) with PHP 7.
It might I made some mistake. Need to repeat. Thanks.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB