Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
How to autoload helper functions in codeigniter 4

I just downloaded CodeIgniter 4 from their official GitHub. They changed a lot from CodeIgniter 3. I want to use base_url() function in the view and for that, you need to load URL helper and in CodeIgniter 3 i autoloaded it in config/autoload.php file. But now they have entirely changed the structure of config/autoload.php file in CodeIgniter 4 and it is very confusing to me.
You can still use the base_url() function in your views in CodeIgniter 4 by using below code in your constructor of controller 
Code:
helper('url');

If anybody who used CodeIgnter 4 knows how to autoload helper functions like url by modifying autoload.php file please help me.

From the current CI4 docs it doesn't look like you can autoload helpers like in past versions, though I've not really dug into CI4 yet.

https://bcit-ci.github.io/CodeIgniter4/g...lpers.html and https://bcit-ci.github.io/CodeIgniter4/h...elper.html

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2017, 10:33 AM by InsiteFX.)

You can if you have a BaseController like the MY_Contoller in CI 3.
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2017, 12:07 PM by kilishan.)

In the Controller docs it shows that you can use the helpers class property to have it loaded on a per-controller basis. If you want something loaded on every request, currently your best option is to use a base controller like InsiteFX mentioned. Though, you'd want to be careful you didn't overwrite any per-controller helpers:

Code:
class BaseController extends \CodeIgniter\Controller
{
    protected $helpers = [];

public function __construct()
    {
        $this->helpers = array_merge($this->helpers, ['url', 'form']);
    }
}

class UserController extends BaseController
{
    protected $helpers = ['filesystem', 'number'];