Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
How to connect the startup database library

Hello.

How to connect the startup database library in file autoload.php

PHP Code:
$autoload['libraries'] = array('database'); 
Besides that, you must set the correct values in application/config/database.php.
After you've done that, you're ready to go!

In CI4, you don't autoload things in the same way as previous versions, since we now have a PSR4-compliant autoloader built in. As per the docs, whenever you need a database connection, you simply grab it:

Code:
$db = \Config\Database::connect();

You can do that in your controller constructor, if you like to have it available for every method. Or in a BaseController that your controllers extend from.

I'm sorry. I overlooked that it was in the CodeIgniter 4 Support forum. Blush

(02-02-2017, 11:30 PM)Wouter60 Wrote: I'm sorry. I overlooked that it was in the CodeIgniter 4 Support forum. Blush

No worries. Smile
Thumbs Up 

Thank you

(02-02-2017, 09:42 PM)kilishan Wrote: In CI4, you don't autoload things in the same way as previous versions, since we now have a PSR4-compliant autoloader built in. As per the docs, whenever you need a database connection, you simply grab it:

Code:
$db = \Config\Database::connect();

You can do that in your controller constructor, if you like to have it available for every method. Or in a BaseController that your controllers extend from.

Dear all,
I use a lot CI , looking now to CI4 ... I clearly understand I can connect by adding this in the controller constructor. But I want  to connect db only one time for my whole app. Somewhere like a general autoload for the connect db
if Someone can tell me where I can do that like in the "old" CI.
Thanks by advance.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB