Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
My project large.

my project is large ( Accounting software & ecommerce website) so fully support it ?..

The project I'm on and we use CI v3 for has:

Over 1 million products
Millions of visitors monthly
Over 500,000 customers
over 1.2 million orders with over 15 million line items

We have three database servers, two content servers and we have a full CMS as well as an entire admin set of tools for roughly 50 to 80 concurrent workers. (which also includes accounting)

(08-24-2017, 07:42 AM)Kaosweaver Wrote: We have three database servers, two content servers and we have a full CMS as well as an entire admin set of tools for roughly 50 to 80 concurrent workers. (which also includes accounting)

This is great to hear! How do you handle 3 databases servers with CI3. There isn't support for a master slave setup out of the box.

I'm intrigued as I have a highly trafficked e-commerce web app and scaling our database horizontally is what we need to tackle soon.

Is it fully support MySQL database (thousand million billion fetch & sum records)

We used the PHP module for the master/slave for the functionality.
Then we setup a helper which pre-pends the query with a comment (so the master database is selected)
Then in the models we load the helper and instead of $this->db->get... we use get_from_master($table, $this->db) and the prior active record code passes through and the master table is queried.

Little "duct-tapey" but it works.
Code:
function get_from_master($table_name, &$db_ref){
$sql = $db_ref->get_compiled_select($table_name);
return $db_ref->query('/*ms=master*/' . $sql);
}

(08-25-2017, 12:03 AM)satnamdass Wrote: Is it fully support MySQL database (thousand million billion fetch & sum records)

We don't have anything with a billion records in it. But the limit wouldn't be CI, it would be your server and database engine. Loading results in to memory, you need to have the space. CI doesn't care (in so far as we've found with tens of millions of records).

(This post was last modified: 09-07-2017, 10:07 PM by satnamdass.)

I have 50 million MySQL database records. do It work (like as fetch Sum records, Avg, Count etc)...

(08-24-2017, 07:42 AM)Kaosweaver Wrote: The project I'm on and we use CI v3 for has:

Over 1 million products
Millions of visitors monthly
Over 500,000 customers
over 1.2 million orders with over 15 million line items

We have three database servers, two content servers and we have a full CMS as well as an entire admin set of tools for roughly 50 to 80 concurrent workers. (which also includes accounting)

Can you tell us which website?
-----------------
Diego Walisson

It's too big data
No SEO spam

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB