Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
PHP 7.2 released

PHP 7.2 release announcement

In addition to the new features and other general improvements, it's even faster than 7.0 and 7.1! Go try it, and even upgrade to it if you can. Smile

Of course, if you encounter any CodeIgniter bugs related to it, you should also report them to us. So far there's only one known issue (an E_DEPRECATION notice in validate_email), which will be fixed in our next release.

No further problems running CI 3.1.6 under PHP 7 or higher?

Upgraded my XAMPP install to use 7.2 last night. No issues with CI3.1.6 so far.

I haven't seen unknown issues about PHP 7.2.

I hope it will be the default PHP for Ubuntu 18.04.

(12-01-2017, 10:51 AM)Wouter60 Wrote: No further problems running CI 3.1.6 under PHP 7 or higher?

Further problems? I don't understand your question.

Thanks @Narf
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

(This post was last modified: 12-03-2017, 08:32 AM by sv3tli0.)

o.k. I am not quite familiar with all changes but what is obvious difference is removing of Mcrypt at 7.2.

What happens with CI Encrypt in that case?
Can this new lib Sodium replace the old mcrypt functionalities used at Encrypt lib or?
Best VPS Hosting : Digital Ocean

(12-03-2017, 08:30 AM)sv3tli0 Wrote: o.k. I am not quite familiar with all changes but what is obvious difference is removing of Mcrypt at 7.2.

What happens with CI Encrypt in that case?
Can this new lib Sodium replace the old mcrypt functionalities used at Encrypt lib or?

CI_Encrypt has been deprecated since CI 3.0.0, and mcrypt since PHP 7.1. You shouldn't have relied on either of them.
CI_Encryption (a different library) covers everything that CI_Encrypt did and uses OpenSSL by default.

libsodium does of course replace mcrypt functionality, but functionality is one thing and the offered algorithms are another - those won't match.

I've just hit https://github.com/bcit-ci/CodeIgniter/issues/5300.

When's v3.1.7 going to be released?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB