Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
question about directory permissions

In Code Igniter all the directories have 700 permissions. To make my applications work I have to change the permissions to 755 on all directories. Why is the code igniter release configured with these permissions?

I'm not seeing what you're seeing, but it's pretty standard for webserver directories to be 755 or 750, and all files to be 644.

(03-20-2018, 01:41 PM)danielcr_2018 Wrote: In Code Igniter all the directories have 700 permissions. To make my applications work I have to change the permissions to 755 on all directories. Why is the code igniter release configured with these permissions?

The release can't be "configured" with any permissions, because it is driven by git, and git only cares about the executable flag (the difference between 6/7 or 4/5) - no other permissions can be tracked at all.

It is possible that GitHub sets the permissions inside the archives it generates from our tags, but:

1) As far as I know it doesn't do that, and should have no reason to.
2) We can't control that process, so nothing to do about it.

It's also possible that your own OS is configured to do that for newly downloaded/extracted files of outside origin.

If you want to recursively change directory permissions in a bash one liner:

Code:
sudo find /path/to/project -type d -print0 | xargs -0 chmod 0755

I checked with Ubuntu's unzip, and got the directories with 775. So the thing causing the problem is KDE's Ark.

skunkbad, whether I use unzip or Ark I have to change directory permissions, so thank you very much for this command.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB