Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Required Validation

I was testing the required_without validation rule, then I observed it's not working as I thought it is/was supposed to. 

I was expecting the rule to return a required response if the field passed into the rule does not exit in the form or the field is empty, just like laravel does. 

Please do enlighten me.

You're right, that's how it should work. If it doesn't currently, please post an issue with details and code examples.

(This post was last modified: 04-01-2020, 10:55 AM by Leo. Edit Reason: Clarity )

Hello, this doesn't work for me either, or I am doing something wrong. I checked the issues on it in Github and they're all closed...

PHP Code:
$validation = \Config\Services::validation();
$validation->setRules([
    'username' => ['label' => 'Login''rules' => 'required_without[phone,email]|max_length[30]'],
    'password' => ['label' => 'Pass''rules' => 'required|min_length[4]|max_length[30]'],
    'first_name' => ['label' => 'Name''rules' => 'max_length[30]'],
    'email' => ['label' => 'Your email''rules' => 'permit_empty|required_without[username,phone]|valid_email|max_length[60]'],
    'phone' => ['label' => 'Your phone''rules' => 'permit_empty|required_without[username,email]|alpha_numeric|max_length[25]']
]);
if(!empty(
$_POST['submit'])) {
    if($validation->withRequest($this->request)->run()) {
        echo 'success';
    }

Is something wrong here? I'm trying to force the user to write either username, email, or phone
You can see things I made with codeigniter here: itart.pro its not overly impressive as I have very little time to learn.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB