Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Access third_party folder

(This post was last modified: 05-22-2018, 11:53 AM by majortom84.)

Hello,

I am trying to add foundation css folder to my project under "third_party" folder but, I get an error depending on the path.

Permissions are normal : rwxrwxr-x for folder and sub folders in third _party

Server: Apache 

Path: "//mysite.com/application/third_party/foundation-6.4.2/css/app.css" gives a 404

Path: "href="<?php echo base_url(); ?>third_party/foundation-6.4.2/css/app.css" gives "Refused to apply style from 'https://mysite.com/third_party/foundation-6.4.2/css/app.css' because its MIME type ('text/html') is not a supported stylesheet MIME type, and strict MIME checking is enabled."

if moved to www/CI/assets/foundation I can access it just fine, but why can't I access anything in third_party ?

********** Edit add 12:53PM MT **************
.htaccess file
RewriteCond $1 !^(index\.php|assets|images|js|css|uploads|favicon.png)
RewriteCond %(REQUEST_FILENAME) !-f
RewriteCond %(REQUEST_FILENAME) !-d
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php?/$1 [L,QSA]

A CSS framework, even if third party, should be somewhere inside your "public" folder, and not inside "application", no?

(05-22-2018, 12:30 PM)ciadmin Wrote: A CSS framework, even if third party, should be somewhere inside your "public" folder, and not inside "application", no?

I assume so but, I am a little new at codeigniter and was not sure when I saw the framework under the third_party folder in another project. 

I will keep it under assets as it seems like the right thing to do.

The .htaccess file in the ./application folders prevent access from them.
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

(05-23-2018, 03:13 AM)InsiteFX Wrote: The .htaccess file in the ./application folders prevent access from them.

so, if I changed that file to "allow all" I can place things in the third_party folder and access them?

No you should not change it, read the CodeIgniter User's Guide on the thirdparty folder.

For you to have access like that you need to create a folder named assets in the same place that index.php is.

/application
/system
/public or /public_html
-- /assets
index.php
etc;
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB