Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Can't use codeigniter from lampp

I'm running ubuntu 18.4 and have installed the last version of lampp and downloaded the codeigniter framework to the opt/lampp/htdocs folder.

From web browser I can access every function of lampp and the welcome page of CI; but I can't access the CI user guide trough the link or via "localhost/CodeIgniter/user_guide"; I just get 404.

Also in another CI project (located in lampp/htdocs) I can access the main page but nothing else, including css files nor anything else.

I have my htdocs and every sub-folder set to my user and permissions for writing and reading.

How can I debug/fix this?

(This post was last modified: 06-29-2018, 03:05 AM by InsiteFX. Edit Reason: Spelling Error )

I'm not sure how lampp works, I use xampp and I have to use my php editor to create a new mapping
to the public_html folder were the index.php file is.

I use PhpStorm so it's easy to create the mapping to it.

It's usually under deployment.
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

(06-29-2018, 03:05 AM)InsiteFX Wrote: I'm not sure how lampp works, I use xampp and I have to use my php editor to create a new mapping
to the public_html folder were the index.php file is.

I use PhpStorm so it's easy to create the mapping to it.

It's usually under deployment.

For disclosure lampp is xampp for linux.

And where do you add this mapping exactly?

Why not just install standard Apache, MariaDB, and PHP? As long as it's not working, then you might as well uninstall what you installed and follow a guide:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=install+apache+mari...untu+18.04

CodeIgntier, in many regards, is built around lampp. If it isn't workng for you, then good odds you have a configuration issue Sad

The problem is that on my system with phpStorm if I set the root to the folder name it will throw a 404 error.
If I then add a mapping to the path were index.php is then it will work.

EXAMPLE:

C:\xampp\htdocs\ci3test

That would be the root path to phpStorm but it will throw a 404 like I mentioned.

But if I add a new mapping to phpStorm like this

C:\xampp\htdocs\ci3test\public_html

Then it will work fine.

Maybe this is a phpStorm or other editors problem with the root path not sure.
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

i met similar problem when i try using codeigniter lastweek for the first time,
in my case it is error403, and i stuck at that for a whole week, i just meet with welcome page in codeigniter today.
i manage to solve it with changing every folder and file owner with root, and make sure every file and folder have permission for others to read.
i hope this can help...
Just a newbie in programming field and english who don't understand complicated stuff.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB