Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Moving application folder etc. out of system folder

[eluser]headdy[/eluser]
Newbie here. I've tested a couple of frameworks for my project, and decided on CI because it's lightweight and (more importantly) has the best documentation of the ones I've tried.

But I'm missing something... I've seen a lot of talk in these forums on moving folders out of the system directory, but I haven't seen any specific instructions for doing so.
At the moment I've just moved the application folder to the root and that appears to work.

Could someone point me in the right direction?

[eluser]wiredesignz[/eluser]
You did it right. Nothing else to say except...

Welcome to CI forums Wink

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
At the moment you only can define the directory for BASEPATH (system) and APPPATH (application). If you want to change other directories you have to modify/extend the libraries because they are hardcoded.

[eluser]headdy[/eluser]
[quote author="wiredesignz" date="1207145377"]You did it right. Nothing else to say except...

Welcome to CI forums Wink[/quote]

Thank you Smile

[eluser]headdy[/eluser]
[quote author="xwero" date="1207145718"]At the moment you only can define the directory for BASEPATH (system) and APPPATH (application).[/quote]

For the time being, would it be worth creating another constant for pointing to the root?

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
Most applications i make have an added PUBPATH constant which contains the path to the public files.

[eluser]wiredesignz[/eluser]
PUBPATH = directions to the local bar? :lol:

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
[quote author="wiredesignz" date="1207155463"]PUBPATH = directions to the local bar? :lol:[/quote]
alcoholic Tongue

[eluser]bradym[/eluser]
[quote author="headdy" date="1207150863"]
For the time being, would it be worth creating another constant for pointing to the root?[/quote]

Not really. Since everything goes through index.php, everything has access to APPPATH and BASEPATH.

Brady

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB