Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgniter 4 Logo

Version number inside the logo is quite big mistake for any design ..
Best VPS Hosting : Digital Ocean

(This post was last modified: 08-27-2019, 01:51 AM by Muzikant.)

Because the framework was completely rewrote, the logo could be also completely redone. It means the restrictions from 25th August are contraproductive. Ignitedcms came with his idea and I came with mine. We should not look at new logo from programmers point of view, but as graphic designers. New logo will be half success of new CodeIgniter version. Do not underestimate it. That is why big companies spending millions on branding.

We need logo, which tells newcomers that CodeIgniter is new, fresh and professional. Just look at Laravel's homepage. It is worth 2019. And that is what selling (not for the money) project. For code you spent years. For new logo we should spent at least months. When we considering the new ideas, we should not ask if it will be easily applicable to the existed materials, but what will be newcomers perceptions about it. Will they have good feeling and give us a try or will they look somewhere else, where they have all the cool stuff?

(This post was last modified: 08-27-2019, 01:44 AM by Muzikant.)

Sv3tli0, I think so too. That is why I want to keep original logo. But if they want to change it, then it should look professional. In my idea I came out from ciadmin's post:

(07-23-2019, 01:05 AM)ciadmin Wrote: We wanted to refresh the logo for the new version of CodeIgniter, with 3 goals:
- recognizably "CodeIgniter"
- distinct from the current logo
- somehow incorporating the digit "4"

Some good points being made. It may indeed be better to stick with the original logo Undecided
Let's see what the community comes up with, and what they then think of the submissions.
Healthy discussion is always good Smile

We already have great options from Ignitedcms and Muzikant and others in this thread... but because variety is always a good thing, I went back to ciadmin's requirements and took a stab at this too. 

[Image: ci4-candidate.png]
Designer, developer and Diet Dr. Pepper addict. Messing up PHP since <?= $when['year';] ?>

(This post was last modified: 08-28-2019, 09:04 PM by searchy. Edit Reason: Emojis don't appear properly )

(08-28-2019, 12:16 PM)jameslittle Wrote: We already have great options from Ignitedcms and Muzikant and others in this thread... but because variety is always a good thing, I went back to ciadmin's requirements and took a stab at this too. 

How do I give this post a like? I love this style and the concept 
What I feel is missing from @Muzikant and the other proposed logo is a sense of depth and dynamicness that this one has.

I love the shape and I think it's a great start. Right now, I feel like this logo is in Alpha stage. For my humble feedback, the gradients could be refined and integrated better with the outside circle. Variants of the outside circle could be tried too. 

How does the CodeIgniter community feel about simple vs sophisticated? 
I feel right now the design world has moved away from minimalism and gradient/artistic flourishes are in vogue. Logos have more sophisticated detailing that showcases the thought put into the design. Sort of like the designs below ⬇️
[Image: attachment.php?aid=1609]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1610]

Here's my best guess at the attributes that would suit a new CodeIgniter logo well. Please let me know your thoughts.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=1611]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(This post was last modified: 08-29-2019, 07:49 AM by php_rocs.)

@ everyone,

While I get the reason everyone is integrating a 4 into the logo why not some concepts that don't have the CI version in the fire but as a part of the text instead. This way every time a new version comes out the logo doesn't have to change. Just the text.

(This post was last modified: 09-02-2019, 04:31 AM by Muzikant.)

Jameslittle, instead of it is not my cup of tea, it looks dynamic and professional for me. After a little tweaks it will be serious candidate.

Searchy, all those fancy shapes and colors are more suited for a kid project, not a serious one. I do not think we are moving that way.

(This post was last modified: 09-03-2019, 06:29 AM by dave friend.)

Jokester:  "How many art directors does it take to make a decision?"

Art Director: "I don't know... What do you think?"

(08-28-2019, 12:16 PM)jameslittle Wrote: We already have great options from Ignitedcms and Muzikant and others in this thread... but because variety is always a good thing, I went back to ciadmin's requirements and took a stab at this too. 

I must say I instantly liked this. It feels dynamic and alive.

I do agree it does not necessarily need the 4 in it, but I do not object to it either. A lot of hard work has gone into CI4 by the development team and I have no problem shouting about CI4.

A lovely piece of work James, thank you.

Paul

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB