Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
[split] Ion-Auth with CI4
Smile 

(10-23-2019, 08:08 AM)PaulD Wrote: ... with much anticipated official add-ons like Authentication and Authorisation, ...

Is this the add-on Lonnie is working on ? The one he is calling Myth Auth ?

That's exactly what i was thinking too about Myth Auth.

(10-28-2019, 04:29 AM)PaulD Wrote: @Poetawd - Thank you, it is the best! We will be posting requests soon enough, keep a look out.

@AndreiCurelaru - Yes, it is something to celebrate, thank you. Will make sure you are alerted when we post a request list.

MythAuth - This has yet to be decided. There are some great auth libraries available for CI3 but Lonnie is working hard, with other code contributors, on CI4 at the moment. The official add-ons may be a little bit down the road at the moment. I would not be suprised if a CI4 port of an existing library becomes an official add-on though. However it might be a completely new re-write, we will have to wait and see on this one.

Paul.

Superb !

I am using Ion Auth with CI4 ! It is working great...

I believe that CI team should take a better look into this matter because EVERY SINGLE website/app that uses CI needs a Auth system...

In my oppinion, having a official auth library is a HUUUGEEEE step forward....

Hi,

Yeah I must admit I really get on well with IonAuth. It is so easy to implement and use. I do not know how it stacks up in terms of features or security with others but it has been the basis of my own auth library for ages now.

Paul
Thumbs Up 

(10-28-2019, 07:56 AM)PaulD Wrote: Hi,

Yeah I must admit I really get on well with IonAuth. It is so easy to implement and use. I do not know how it stacks up in terms of features or security with others but it has been the basis of my own auth library for ages now.

Paul

I believe it is safe... Ben Edmunds keeps it updated ... It is a great library... very easy and clean...

Are there any repos or clear examples somewhere of CI4/IonAuth integration?
I must admit i'm looking at several solutions but still coding "Vanilla CodeIgniter" authentication around the Sessions library.

It's me or the IonAuth docs are using the CSS theme from the old CI documentation? Smile brings back in time.
Thanks for the link i'll look into it.

(10-28-2019, 08:42 AM)AndreiCurelaru Wrote: It's me or the IonAuth docs are using the CSS theme from the old CI documentation? Smile brings back in time.
Thanks for the link i'll look into it.

It's not the theme from the old CI documentation. It's from the old, old CI documentation. Angel

(There might be one or two more 'olds' needed to be right on.)

As far as I know, the IonAuth 4 lacks the documentation entirely, the docs page is for IA3!
And yes, its uses the theme of <CI2 docs... there was a time when almost all large libraries had it and also the spin of frameworks copied it, just take a look at FuelPHP https://fuelphp.com/docs/

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB