Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
[SOLVED] - Honeypot - How to capture an exception

(This post was last modified: 01-28-2020, 03:15 PM by reszko.)

Hi,

I am following the userguide instructions to use the honeypot class and almost everithing worked well.
But, I don't know how to capture a HoneyPotException when it is triggered when a bot fills the hidden field in the form.
I would like to capture that exception before it will be showed to user but I can't do that.
Even if I try to use a try/catch block, like so:

PHP Code:
try {

print_r($this->request->getPost());
}
catch (
Honeypotexception $e) {
echo 
$e->getMessage();

the print_r portion of my code is never reached.

So. How can I capture that exception to treat it before it is showed to user.

thank.
Ps. My english is a working in progress.

Hi everyone

To make it work I decided to create my own filter, and put it inside app/filters.
The content is about the same that exists in system/filters/honeypot.
So, after do that, I went to app/Filter and I set the configuration to call my own HoneyPot filter instead of the native one.
Then, I could do anything I want there, including throw an Honeypotexception or not.

I hope I it helped someone.

Thankyou

(01-28-2020, 05:39 AM)reszko Wrote: Hi,

I am following the userguide instructions to use the honeypot class and almost everithing worked well.
But, I don't know how to capture a HoneyPotException when it is triggered when a bot fills the hidden field in the form.
I would like to capture that exception before it will be showed to user but I can't do that.

PHP Code:
try {

}
catch (
Honeypotexception $e) {
echo 
$e->getMessage();

thank.

(01-28-2020, 03:14 PM)Hello,Can you please post the code changes in the app/filters/honeypot and app/filter file to call your own honeypot filter?I have tried several combinations but keep getting errors.Thanksreszko Wrote: Hi everyone

To make it work I decided to create my own filter, and put it inside app/filters.
So, after do that, I went to app/Filter and I set the configuration to call my own HoneyPot filter instead of the native one.
Then, I could do anything I want there, including throw an Honeypotexception or not.

Thankyou

PHP Code:
try {

}
catch (
Honeypotexception $e) {
echo 
$e->getMessage();

thank.

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2021, 07:54 PM by murugappan.)

(11-26-2020, 01:47 PM)Just like any other forum, people close the post  as "solved" when it is not. Worse, people giving suggestions to questions do not actually provide a sample code and they leave the post "hanging". Its shame a good product has hopeless users. swsupport Wrote:
(01-28-2020, 03:14 PM)Hello,Can you please post the code changes in the app/filters/honeypot and app/filter file to call your own honeypot filter?I have tried several combinations but keep getting errors.Thanksreszko Wrote: Hi everyone

Thankyou

PHP Code:
try {

}
catch (
Honeypotexception $e) {
echo 
$e->getMessage();

thank.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB