Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
New homepage design ?
Lightbulb 
(This post was last modified: 02-02-2020, 11:08 AM by littlej.)

Hey guys !

I would like to suggest and participate in the creation of a new homepage. So you will find attached 9 proposals. It is more a "layout" choice for now.

There is something for everyone :-) Maybe something you like ?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(This post was last modified: 02-02-2020, 11:46 PM by sv3tli0.)

Nice designs Smile
I think that a PR inside the repo is the best way to suggest such proposal.
My choice would be #6 - it fits best.

On second hand - I really liked the first image for the User Guide. I think that the UG must get some update on its UI focused on the style and your suggestion can fit quite well with that.
Best VPS Hosting : Digital Ocean

Thanks for your feedback ! These are not final results. Many improvements could be done. I just wanted to "throw" ideas as I want the community to choose what they like the most (at each step). I was even thinking about a poll :-)

CI4 final release should be out soon, and I think a nice and modern homepage could be a great addition. It would make it more "attractive" to new users :-) And maybe we could even add a little message/quote on the page to dedicate this version to Jim...

Regarding the UG, I will take a look. I did not think about it, good suggestion :-)

LittleJ - thanks for your enthusiasm!

A little while ago a working group was put together to come up with a new design. They've picked a winner, but it hasn't been converted to HTML/CSS yet. I believe PaulD is working on that, but also know that he just changed jobs and his schedule might be pretty hectic. If you're interested in helping out with that, you should reach out to him and see if he needs any help on that front. (Make sure your private messages are enabled on your profile, though, or he won't be able to respond.)

Thank you for the info. I have sent a PM to PaulD and I have activated the option in my profile to receive answers :-)

Sounds great. Thanks!

#1 can take my Heart

I'll support for these change. Because... This is CodeIgniter 4.

I like the first one.

(This post was last modified: 02-04-2020, 08:08 PM by John_Betong.)

@littlej,

I like the first but would have preferred the logo in the top left corner instead of the bottom left corner.

Perhaps make a GitHub Repository with source code and links to the thumbnails?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB