Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
real server

[eluser]bertico[/eluser]
Hello, My question is very simple. My application returns me an error. In other forum somebody published the same error and he said that the solution was a real server, not one localhost as he had.
so my question is: What is a real server.?????
thanks..... I really need your help

[eluser]Tom Glover[/eluser]
He probably meant a remote server hosted in a data-centre instead of your pc running MAMP or WAMP.

Some scripts act differently on different OS, so he may have been using windows with WAMP as his local host, and using a Linux LAMP server in the data-centre.

LAMP = Linux Apache MySQL PHP
WAMP = Windows Apache MySQL PHP
MAMP = Mac Apache MySQL PHP

[eluser]Pascal Kriete[/eluser]
I assume by 'real server', he meant one that you would actually host a website on. A lot of developers test on their own machines through use of lamp, mamp, etc.

To be honest, It sounds like a bogus answer to me. The only app I've ever had muck around was Wordpress mu, which needed localhost.localmachine instead. Your best bet would be to repost the error, I'm sure we could work it out.

EDIT: wacky is just too darned fast Smile

[eluser]bertico[/eluser]
Ok, thanks for your answer. I am running a real server in my pc, but I explain what I am doing.
My making and application that use a Ldap server. It already verifies the user and password, but if they are correct it returns me the following error , the most important for me is the error about the Soapclient services. this is the error:

Fatal error: Uncaught SoapFault exception: [soap:Client] Parámetro vacío in C:\AppServ\www\Caracterizacion\system\application\controllers\inicio.php:40 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: SoapClient->__call('ObtenerPersonaD...', Array) #1 C:\AppServ\www\Caracterizacion\system\application\controllers\inicio.php(40): SoapClient->ObtenerPersonaDadoLogin('ermorales') #2 [internal function]: Inicio->loger() #3 C:\AppServ\www\Caracterizacion\system\codeigniter\CodeIgniter.php(216): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #4 C:\AppServ\www\Caracterizacion\index.php(132): require_once('C:\AppServ\www\...') #5 {main} thrown in C:\AppServ\www\Caracterizacion\system\application\controllers\inicio.php on line 40.

thanks...

[eluser]Pascal Kriete[/eluser]
Gosh darn it, me and my loose mouth.

First of, apologies to whoever I accused of posting bogus answers. I work with ldap 'databases' on a daily basis, but not in a web development setting. The poster you mention could be right that your webserver may be misconfigured. Take a look at some of your error logs, they are usually clearer.

I've never used soap, so without spending considerable time with it, I won't be able to make much sense of the error.

Sorry Sad .

[eluser]bertico[/eluser]
Thanks again, and excuse me the delay. Don't worry , when I said that I have a real server in my pc , I was talking about what I understand for real server. So I don't have anything that to forgive you. I have a server installed in my pc. Apache2.2. As the sever is in my pc it is the same thinks, (at least to make simple things)that in my codeigniter I configure my server as localhost or with the ip of my computer.
that was what I understood for real server. I already made that but the problem continuous.
I hope that you or another person can help me now.
thanks..
And sorry my english , I am learning too, so if you can don't use difficult words I will thanks you,
but don't worry, the important thinks is that you can help mi.

[eluser]coolfactor[/eluser]
bertico,

You do have a real server, just running locally. Nothing wrong with that.

Two questions:
- what operating system do you use?
- what is the error that you're getting?

[eluser]bertico[/eluser]
thanks for your answer.
I use windows and AppServ.
In my second answer I wrote the error that ir returns me, but the most important for me is the error about soapclient , if you can look it and thanks again....

[eluser]coolfactor[/eluser]
[quote author="bertico" date="1208825732"]thanks for your answer.
I use windows and AppServ.
In my second answer I wrote the error that ir returns me, but the most important for me is the error about soapclient , if you can look it and thanks again....[/quote]

Okay, your post is better in the "Code & Development" forum, as it has nothing to do with CodeIgniter specifically.

Sorry I can't offer any assistance.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB