Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Database Interface

[eluser]T-kuz[/eluser]
Ehm, I wanna ask about database. If I ever want to edit add or erase my table or its contents with gui like in the scaffolding feature, but can have many tables to edit. Can I have some example of the source code with the explanation? I know..It's sound silly. But I'm a new user at php and CI anyway. So I've still got many things to learn.

[eluser]gtech[/eluser]
If using mysql you can download phpMyAdmin which will allows you to do exactly what you require. This comes already installed with xampp(an apache mysql distribution) on http://localhost/phpmyadmin/.

[eluser]T-kuz[/eluser]
What if I want to embed it on my webpage? Can I embed phpMyAdmin on my webpage? My real intention is to make other admin in other location can edit the database freely. How's that?

[eluser]Tom Glover[/eluser]
You could but what is the point when there is something powerful out there for free, like PMA. You could integrated PMA into your app.

[eluser]jkevinburton[/eluser]
PMA (phpMyAdmin) is a web based application that you can access via the internet. - ANYWHERE. My suggestion is that you at least protect it against the public, otherwise anyone would have access to it.

[eluser]T-kuz[/eluser]
Thanks for the replies. Yea, I thought so too..But however..in my project it's necessary to be able to edit the database from other location than server. Hmm, how do you suggest?

[eluser]Tom Glover[/eluser]
If you want to let people have your Database user and pass then I would suggest using PMA, but if you don't want to let that information, then you will have to code the creates and edits yourself.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB