Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Cant get photo to upload.

The CodeIgniter User Guide shows how to do this.

Do this, otherwise go by the User Guide and start over.

PHP Code:
// change this
public function drinkadvert()

// to this
public function do_upload() 
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

(10-03-2020, 10:20 AM)InsiteFX Wrote: What is the name of the controller that the function is in?

PHP Code:
<?php echo form_open_multipart('controllerName/drinkadvert'); ?>

Change controllerName to the name of your controller that the drinkadvert is in.

Ive found what I think was an error. The working page that has these functions have the following variable with a different name;

PHP Code:
$drinkphoto 'mem/'.$lcuser.'/adverts/'.$drink/$img['file_name'];
$drinkpic 'mem/'.$lcuser.'/adverts/'.$drink/$img['file_name'];

if(isset(
$_FILES['drinkphoto']['name']) && $_FILES['drinkphoto']['name']!="")
if(isset(
$_FILES['drinkpic']['name']) && $_FILES['drinkpic']['name']!="")

$mime get_mime_by_extension($_FILES['drinkphoto']['name']);
$mime get_mime_by_extension($_FILES['drinkpic']['name']); 

But that did not solve my problem. However, it may lead to a resolution.

I also had a similar situation

(This post was last modified: 11-16-2020, 10:04 AM by christaliise.)

Ive found the root of my problem but not solved it.

I am able to upload fwrite data then redirect to photos upload, but the problem with that is if the $product name is omitted or different the fwrite & photos are not together, and that is unsatisfactory. I would prefer to have both in the same operation but that is impossible. The root of that problem is in the view page where the fwrite requires the first coding & the photo upload requires the second, and they are not interchangeable.

PHP Code:
<?php echo form_open('pagename'); ?>
<?php 
echo form_open_multipart('pagename'); ?>

If the $product variable in the fwrite can be transferred to the photos upload, then that could be lived with, but redirect to the finished advert will be required.

I would prefer when the photos are uploaded then to redirect to the finished advert, but that is impossible because the photos upload will not redirect. Although I have another operation with a small amount of fwrite plus a pdf document upload and that redirects with no problem.

I have spent the last 4 months trying to resolve this issue, probably spent 1,000 hours plus, and still havent achieved a resolution.

By the way the coding in the UserGuide detailing uploads is faulty, by undefined variables, but when those variables are deleted it works but not with a combination of fwrite & photo uploads.

The problem appears to be a fault within CodeIgniter, so there needs to be someone who understands their coding & be able to fix the problem.

Ive found the problem. When uploading data with photos you must keep separate in form_validation the data from photos. Just make two separate form_validations.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB