Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
IgnitedRecord 1.0 pre-release

[eluser]m4rw3r[/eluser]
Well, by default version 0.2 already uses IQ for the queries (the bundled version has some flaws, so I recommend to upgrade, at least IQ) but can be configured to use CI's AR.
It also uses CI's AR for saving.

1.0 on the other hand, can be used with $active_record = false; and uses IQ for all queries.
(release date cannot really be guesstimated, need to implement through relations and finish the validation + rewrite a lot of the manual and check it and then recheck it Tongue)

About the more "advanced" usages of IR, I may do a screencast about that Smile

PS. You can fetch a pre-release version of 1.0 at the SVN here

[eluser]fightbulc[/eluser]
Hey Martin, there seems to be a bug in ignitedquery.php at line 1612. You only pass the keys but a bit further you refer to the values which are not passed. Therfore its impossible to insert new data.

Cheers
Tino

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I am talking about Version 1.0

[eluser]m4rw3r[/eluser]
Ok, fixed that one. Thanks!

[eluser]r2b2_kvr[/eluser]
Hi Martin, are you also going to include validation in the next IR release? THanks and looking forward..

R2b2

[eluser]m4rw3r[/eluser]
Validation is going into the next release, and form generation will also probably make it.

[eluser]amrnt[/eluser]
Need help ... i cant get with this library!!! Sad
how can i make a Relation ??

I have (posts) table and (categories) table ..

... category has many posts ...
... posts belong to category ...

categories -
-id
-name

posts -
-id
-title
-body
-category_id

how can i make this relation with this GREAT LIBRARY from the begin??

thanks in advance!!!

[eluser]sophistry[/eluser]
if your posts belong to multiple categories you will need to expand your data model and add a join table.

if you only allow one category per post then your data model looks ok.

in the second case (one category per post) make two models extended from ignitedrecord: category "has many" posts and posts "has one" category.

if you decide you need a join table (to support multiple categories per post) then see the quick start for an example with a join table.

cheers.

[eluser]Sander Versluys[/eluser]
Hi Martin,

Started using the 1.0 version from svn and it's really neat. Thanks for building this great library. I believe this orm library can be the best and most usefull thing next to a standard CI install.

The 0.2 version did not work very well with my dbs, those weren't anything near the default naming conventions. But the 1.0 version really works like a charm. Yay!

Keep up the good work!

[eluser]amrnt[/eluser]
can i use this library without using a joining_table?

[eluser]Sander Versluys[/eluser]
@brainythink

Are you using 0.2? I personnaly suggest using 1.0...

Code:
class Categories extends IgnitedRecord {
    var $has_many = 'posts';
}
class Post extends IgnitedRecord {
    var $belongs_to = 'category';
}

This should work based on your database.

You probably know this but it this config, each post belongs to just ONE category.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB