Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Run external program in background

[eluser]TheFuzzy0ne[/eluser]
I'm not sure what you mean. Can you elaborate?

[eluser]esra[/eluser]
A PECL module for PHP threading exists, but the module is a several years old, is buggy and no longer appears to be maintained.

There is a class on phpclasses.org that allows an application to spawn another HTTP session for background processing. There is no inter-application communication, but the first application can detect when the process is completed by checking if the new file exists. This has been used a lot pdf processing, xslt transformations, etc.

[eluser]eroy4u[/eluser]
[quote author="TheFuzzy0ne" date="1209601964"]I'm not sure what you mean. Can you elaborate?[/quote]
you mentioned that I could do with 3 servers. One as a Web server, one as the encoding platform, and one for uploading files to. So that even 100 people come to my side and upload videos, my web site can still be responsive.

The problem is I do not know how to implement the separation of these three parts. I wan to separate at least the web server from uploading server. Do you or anyone else has experience of doing so? or any article I can read about this techique?

[eluser]TheFuzzy0ne[/eluser]
Are you talking about 2 physically different servers? I've never been able to afford more than one server, so I don't have any experience with that, but it should just be a case of having two servers on the same internal network, and each can have their own subdomain (www.yoursite.com for web, upload.yoursite.com for uploads). These servers should be able to communicate with one another locally, and pass the file from one, back to the other when it's complete. How this would work exactly, is beyond me. All I know is that in theory, it will work, and there are many different ways of achieving the it it - each having their advantages and disadvantages.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB