Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
How to edit a site with CodeIgniter

(This post was last modified: 10-21-2021, 04:20 AM by Milina.)

I'm trying to edit a site built with Codeigniter. I just want to add an extra page to the side menu but it's tied down by user permissions and stuff like that and I can't figure it out.
I just installed the framework and it's running on Xampp, but I don't know how to edit the site using it as this is my first time and I'm new to Web development in general. I'd really appreciate your help as I'm working against time. 
azarchatrandom
Thanks.

(This post was last modified: 10-08-2021, 09:13 AM by Ahirsi.)

(10-08-2021, 05:20 AM)Milina Wrote: I'm trying to edit a site built with Codeigniter. I just want to add an extra page to the side menu but it's tied down by user permissions and stuff like that and I can't figure it out.

I just installed the framework and it's running on Xampp, but I don't know how to edit the site using it as this is my first time and I'm new to Web development in general. I'd really appreciate your help as I'm working against time. Thanks.

How did you set up the database? Did you import a database SQL dump file? Did you inherit someone's laptop that had the application running in or
is the site on a Cloud somewhere and you got access to the code?

I would recommend you step back and learn the basics. Be honest with whoever is giving you the tight deadlines. Tell them you will
need some time to figure things out.

AHirsi

look for App/View and App/Controller folder.

Edit here -> page are store in View folder
and data pass to View using controller file.

App/Config/Routes.php -> store all url for web and call function in controller to view web page.

This is should be giving a rough idea on editing existing web

(10-08-2021, 05:20 AM)Milina Wrote: I'm trying to edit a site built with Codeigniter. I just want to add an extra page to the side menu but it's tied down by user permissions and stuff like that and I can't figure it out.

I just installed the framework and it's running on Xampp, but I don't know how to edit the site using it as this is my first time and I'm new to Web development in general. I'd really appreciate your help as I'm working against time. Thanks.
Are you a robot or a spammer? I think this is the third time this exact message is posted here.  Dodgy
CodeIgniter 4 tutorials (EN/FR) - https://includebeer.com
/*** NO support in private message - Use the forum! ***/

@includebeer, Your right this is like the third time for this topic.
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB