Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
PHP 8.0/8.1 Support

Hello. I see the latest release from a couple days ago (3.1.12) has a release note of "Updated a lot of code for PHP 8.0 and 8.1 compatibility". Just wanted to check in on the status of that. Is that partially done, mostly done? Am I able to switch my CI3 to 8.1 without getting a bunch of notices and errors? Any thoughts on a timeline?
Thanks a lot. Looking forward to your feedback.

Thank3.1.12

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2022, 06:42 AM by php_rocs.)

@TheAdmiral ,

CI 3.1.13 has been released... https://codeigniter.com/download

Thanks. Same question then for 3.1.13 or whatever the latest version ends up being. What degree of the PHP 8.1 notices/warnings/errors/deprecations are fixed? Enough for production use?

Do you all think that v3.1.12 was released without full support for PHP 8.1?

> Do you all think that v3.1.12 was released without full support for PHP 8.1?

Changelog sounds like it has partial support. Would be great if a developer could comment on how much support. Some major bugs fixed? Most major bugs fixed? Enough for production use?

I recommend you check by yourself, and if you would find bugs, report them.
Probably no developers see this thread.

My understanding from Narf is that this provides PHP 8 support. I'm assuming that's full support, and I know I've seen a number of reports and PRs merged over the last few months related to PHP 8, but I wasn't following it that closely.

I would give your app a try locally on PHP 8, run the test suite, do some manual testing, and let us know.

CI 3.1.13 is working with PHP 8.0.3 like a charm. With PHP 8.1.4 I get this error:

Message: ltrim(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($string) of type string is deprecated
Filename: core/URI.php
Line Number: 641

ORIGINAL:
PHP Code:
return ltrim(load_class('Router''core')->directory'/').implode('/'$this->rsegments); 

CHANGED/WORKING:
PHP Code:
return ltrim((string)load_class('Router''core')->directory'/').implode('/'$this->rsegments); 

So create an issue on GitHub for it so that it can be fixed.
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

(03-08-2022, 12:07 AM)TheAdmiral Wrote: Hello.I am facing some issue for CI 4.1.3. It' s not supporting php 8.1.X.

Please help me on this.
Thank3.1.12

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB