Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Announcing Shield: an Official Authentication library

@kilishan CI team you make my feeling die on CI Now I think my first breakfast is CI
Codeigniter First, Codeigniter Then You!!
yekrinaDigitals

(06-07-2022, 01:21 AM)luckmoshy Wrote: @kilishan  CI team you make my feeling die  on CI Now I think my first breakfast is CI

Do you still need to install via composer for the latest CI4?
Are there CI docs or on github?

Thanks

(06-07-2022, 08:16 AM)frocco Wrote: Do you still need to install via composer for the latest CI4?

Thanks

Yes, Shield is required to be intended through Composer. You could probably do a manual install by downloading it and manually adding the CodeIgniter\Shield namespace to app/Config/Autoload, but it hasn't been tested and there's no support for that.

(06-07-2022, 08:33 AM)kilishan Wrote:
(06-07-2022, 08:16 AM)frocco Wrote: Do you still need to install via composer for the latest CI4?

Thanks

Yes, Shield is required to be intended through Composer. You could probably do a manual install by downloading it and manually adding the CodeIgniter\Shield namespace to app/Config/Autoload, but it hasn't been tested and there's no support for that.

On a fresh install of ci4, it fails.

composer require codeigniter4/shield
Could not find a version of package codeigniter4/shield matching your minim
um-stability (stable). Require it with an explicit version constraint allow
ing its desired stability.

Thanks @kilishan and CI Team!
Looking forward to taking Shield for a spin!

(Using CodeIgniter since 1.x)

No way... after all that debate for years on how auth was never gonna be a part of CI. I think a few people wanted to shoot Narf over this for a while.
Codeigniter is simply one of the tools you need to learn to be a successful developer. Always add more tools to your coding arsenal!

(06-07-2022, 02:12 PM)albertleao Wrote: No way... after all that debate for years on how auth was never gonna be a part of CI. I think a few people wanted to shoot Narf over this for a while.

For a while there, I was definitely the odd man out as both Narf and Jim were saying they didn't want it included. Time has progressed, and we had the opportunity and felt it was needed. Glad we were able to do it now.

(06-07-2022, 02:12 PM)albertleao Wrote: No way... after all that debate for years on how auth was never gonna be a part of CI. I think a few people wanted to shoot Narf over this for a while.

But it's an "add-in", it's not part of the framework itself. So it makes perfect sense. You can still install CI without the auth part and you can also use a different auth module.
CodeIgniter 4 tutorials (EN/FR) - https://includebeer.com
/*** NO support in private message - Use the forum! ***/

(This post was last modified: 06-07-2022, 03:22 PM by kenjis.)

@frocco Try:
Code:
composer require codeigniter4/shield:dev-develop

And if v1.0.0 will be officially released, run:
Code:
composer require codeigniter4/shield:^1.0

Thank you

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB