Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Announcing: Bonfire - a drop-in admin area

(This post was last modified: 08-03-2022, 11:03 PM by kilishan.)

While you may have heard me mention Bonfire, I was waiting to announce it officially until I had it somewhere pretty stable and helpful. That day is today.

Bonfire is a drop-in admin area for your new and existing CodeIgniter 4 applications, installable through Composer. It currently ships with the following features:
  • Theme/template system, that ships with a flexible Auth and Admin theme.
  • View Components to reduce the complexity of your UI by allowing you to create reusable HTML snippets, that can be optionally controlled via code.
  • A Settings library that allows you to save config file values to the database and access them whether they're in the db or just in the files.
  • Resource Filter system to make filtering lists of User, Post, etc, simple to implement and with a comfortable, consistent UI.
  • A powerful, very customizable, user authentication/authorization system, Shield.
  • Global search feature that modules can easily integrate into
  • A Recycle Bin to handle restoring/purging soft deleted models that modules can easily integrate into
  • A way to manage cookie consent to help with GDPR rules.
  • Site offline status
  • Online Log viewer/manager
  • and more...

Both of the official packages, Shield and Settings, were originally created for Bonfire, before being taken under the CodeIgniter mantle and fine-tuned.

If you've been in the community for a few years, you might have heard of Bonfire before. Quite a number of years ago I had an original version of this admin area that I had shared. It received a pretty good amount of use, with one company using it on over a hundred sites, and a large hosting company using at for their users to manage their sites, and many more I barely heard from. While the philosophy has changed a little bit between then and now, the idea is the same: provide a good kick-start to your applications to get you up and running as fast as possible while providing a set of tools you can use in the rest of the site as well.

I hope you find it useful, and I look forward to hearing about what you build on it.

@kilishan Thank you very much.
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

@kilishan Thanks

Great news! Thank you very much!

thanks but can you please check whether it's an issue or not while clicking on "System info" under the tools menu, I am getting this error

number_format(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($num) of type float is deprecated

Code:
VENDORPATH\lonnieezell\bonfire\src\Tools\Views\index.php at line 34

27                        </tr>
28                        <tr>
29                            <td>Server OS</td>
30                            <td><?= php_uname('s') ?> <?= php_uname('r') ?> (<?= php_uname('m') ?>)</td>
31                        </tr>
32                        <tr>
33                            <td>Server Load</td>
34                            <td><?= number_format($serverLoad, 1) ?></td>
35                        </tr>
36                        <tr>
37                            <td>Max Upload</td>
38                            <td><?= (int) (ini_get('upload_max_filesize')) ?>M</td>
39                        </tr>
40                        <tr>
41                            <td>Max POST</td>
Learning Codeigniter 

(08-04-2022, 10:36 AM)SubrataJ Wrote: thanks but can you please check whether it's an issue or not while clicking on "System info" under the tools menu, I am getting this error

I replied to your post over at GitHub inquiring about the PHP version. Can you please head over there and respond so we can figure this out? Thanks.

@kilishan  done.
Learning Codeigniter 
Heart 
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2022, 11:38 PM by luckmoshy.)

Ooooh ooh, @kilishan have been with your bonfire for a long time, and some of my  Shy projects have borrowed bonfire scripts now you are telling such a great announce I can't explain how  Idea bonfire have fired awesome works to us lol happy,  Heart happy, happy! keep up, you gentleman Tongue
Codeigniter First, Codeigniter Then You!!
yekrinaDigitals

Great news!!! Thank you for all your work!!

You're all very welcome. And @luckmoshy let me know if you find anything from the old one that you're just really missing in the new version once you've had a chance to play with it.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB