Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeExtinguisher 2.0 Release Candidate 14.2

[eluser]gusa[/eluser]
well, i'm back.
we've started with the development of our app's admin tool. deadline: june 13th.

our options are:
- start a crud app from the scratch,
- give codex a try,
- use another crud generator.

discarded the first option, we're giving codex a try.

our restrictions are:
- php native sessions (solved)
- sql server (almost)
- bilingual app (no probl)
- custom interface (i think we won't have problems)

regarding sql server (maybe our biggest issue), i've found many mysql_real_escape_string in the code. i'm replacing those with $this->db->escape_str.

my question is if you are planning to make codex suitable for other dbms rather than mysql.

[eluser]Majd Taby[/eluser]
gusa, well so far as making it compatible with other dbms, I'm using active record for everything, and letting codeigniter take care of the compatibility. Because codex is getting a bit old (almost one year), some parts of it are outdated (such as the mysql_real_escape_string). If, in your work, you stumble across these issues, please notify me and I'll fix them asap.

Just to let everyone know, i'm busy on the new CodeExtinguisher website, which you can view being built on http://71.65.20.84:81/codexsite/index.php/

[eluser]gusa[/eluser]
[quote author="jTaby" date="1212526832"]gusa, well so far as making it compatible with other dbms, I'm using active record for everything, and letting codeigniter take care of the compatibility. Because codex is getting a bit old (almost one year), some parts of it are outdated (such as the mysql_real_escape_string). If, in your work, you stumble across these issues, please notify me and I'll fix them asap.

Just to let everyone know, i'm busy on the new CodeExtinguisher website, which you can view being built on http://71.65.20.84:81/codexsite/index.php/[/quote]

great! i'll check the new site soon.

one question: are you having problems with the add controller method? see, i'm getting the following error message:

Fatal error: Call to a member function result_array() on a non-object in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\sim\codex\application\views\templates\clean_blue\codex_permissions_form.php on line 27

i've checked line 27 and the problem is that $this->codexadmin->active_id is empty. then i went to codexcontroller::add (codex_permissions_form caller) and i found that active_id is not being setted at all. what can i do?

Yeah, you're correct....i was under the impression that $query->result_array() would return an empty array... try changing the file like so:

Code:
$this->db->select('users.username, user_records.id, user_records.user_id, user_records.permissions, user_records.table_name');

if($this->codexadmin->state == 'edit' OR $this->codexadmin->state == 'edit_with_array')
    $this->db->where('record_id',$this->codexadmin->active_id);

$this->db->where('table_name',$this->codexadmin->db_table);
$this->db->join('users','users.id = user_records.user_id');

(I haven't tested the above code, but it shouldn't execute when you're adding.)

[eluser]gusa[/eluser]
[quote author="jTaby" date="1212529276"]Yeah, you're correct....i was under the impression that $query->result_array() would return an empty array... try changing the file like so[/quote]

it worked!
thanks a lot.

[eluser]gusa[/eluser]
line 371 of codexcontroller:

replace

Code:
$this->codexmessages->add('success',$this->codexadmin->get_message('add_failure'));

by

Code:
$this->codexmessages->add('failure',$this->codexadmin->get_message('add_failure'));

[eluser]gusa[/eluser]
i've modified dropdown and textbox so that now you can put a custom label.

TextBox::constructor code:

Code:
function TextBox($name,$params) {
    codexForms::initiate($name,$params);
    if (isset($this->params['element_name'])) {
    $this->label = $this->params['element_name'];
    }
}

DropDown::constructor code:

Code:
function DropDown($name,$params) {
    codexForms::initiate($name,$params);
    if(array_key_exists('enum',$this->params)){
        $this->params['list'] = $this->params['enum'];
    }
    if (isset($this->params['element_name'])) {
    $this->label = $this->params['element_name'];
    }
}

gusa, you can add a custom label to _any_ plugin....

Code:
textbox_test:
    class: TextBox
    label: Some Other label

[eluser]daulex[/eluser]
jtaby, mate, great web site, I'm guessing you built it on codex? looks awesome. really looking forward to the launch.

cant wait till the bug fixes (Undefined index: filename), cause my hosting said, they won't upgrade and I have no clue how to fix the bug, will have to modify some blog software to suit my needs for now.

[eluser]daulex[/eluser]
I just gave up on cms/blog systems Smile

dude, one thing I need to fix and I will be on my way, maybe someone can help me, in the version that you can get from the web site (1.4), when an image is inserted into the content in the editor (I need to be able to type in the url: http://localhost/ll/up/Bananas.gif, it shows it in the editor, I click submit and what happens is that it rewrites the url to: ./../up/Bananas.gif so in the editor it still looks ok, however when the news content is loaded it does not work, because my news url varries (like http://localhost/ll/index.php/news/ and http://localhost/ll/index.php/news/longstory/15 the relative path will not work)

what do I do to disable url rewriting and to be able to use the full url?

thanks

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB