CodeExtinguisher 2.0 Release Candidate 14.2

[eluser]khalil Majdalawi[/eluser]
amazing work man , i have some questions
1- is there any way to add custom buttons like "delete selected"
2- in search filter how i can search for DBdropdown value "name" not the "id"
3- how to display field in grid without the ability to edit it in form

[eluser]StickGrinder[/eluser]
Hi guys, my first post here.

First of all, thumbs up for your wonderful product. I tried to figure out some complete information about YAML file syntax for form setup but with no success. Is it possible to find something about around here?

Sorry for such a stupid question but I really can't understand all the topic from given examples.

Bye
Paolo

[eluser]got 2 doodle[/eluser]
Hey StickGrinder

You might want to steer away from Yaml and just use the controllers and build a form setup array in the controller. That's all yaml does for you is simplify the construction of the config array, unfortunately I have spent hours trying to get a controller to work with yaml, bit the bullet and constructed the array in the controller and boom it works!

If you must play with yaml, choose your editor wisely, I recommend notepad++ it's free and it has syntax coloring for yaml. Also (most importantly) you can define the tab key to input spaces instead of tabs, never ever ever put tabs in your yaml.

Also documentation on CodeExtinguisher is somewhat scattered and you may have to dig, look through this incredibly long thread to find examples and solutions. Your not the first person who has tried to get their heads around yaml.

doodle

[eluser]StickGrinder[/eluser]
Thanks a lot, doodle!
Actually I use proper editing options, as I know yaml is somehow fussy about tabs and so on.
My actual question was where to find docs about the complete array structure, but I think I've just reply myself!!! ^_^'

Thanks anycase, I'll do my best to fetch info from the topic! :-)

Bye

Stick

[eluser]gh0st[/eluser]
I'm having real problems with installing CodeExtinguisher and am totally frustrated with it.

Firstly, the screencast on (http://codeextinguisher.com/screencasts/...inguisher/) clearly shows a codex folder -- but in the latest download release there is no codex folder.

However, later on on the homepage there is a specific download for the codex folder -- but when I try to combine the latest download and the codex folder it craps out -- what's the difference between the codex folder and the latest download release?

In addition older screencasts show an installer.php, but in the latest download release there is no installer.php, in addition the screencasts show a completely different theme to the one I see and I don't know why.

If I only install the latest download release I can get it up and running, and login fine -- but it never picks up any new database tables at all -- even though the Screencast and documentation say it should do it automatically.

Also, the documentation is incredibility lacking -- I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing and it just jumps straight into JTaby.

Questions

1) What is the codex folder and how it relates to the latest stable download release? Do you combine them? Does one overwrite the other?

2) How do I get it to automatically pick up the databases? What is the template for? In the documentation it says that you do not need to install the template table -- so why is it there?

3) An example from start to finish. The demo pages mean absolutely nothing to me, especially with its references to JTaby this, and JTaby that.

Thanks

[eluser]Majd Taby[/eluser]
Hey gh0st, you should be getting codex from the first post in this thread:

http://ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/79842/

Follow the installer and you should be setup.

[eluser]daulex[/eluser]
[quote author="Majd Taby" date="1235347862"]Hey gh0st, you should be getting codex from the first post in this thread:

http://ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/79842/

Follow the installer and you should be setup.[/quote]

Dude, are you ever going to make it 2.0 or are you going to leave codex in rc14.2 for ever? Tongue

[eluser]gh0st[/eluser]
I followed the instructions and got these errors.

Code:
A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: Notice

Filename: plugins/image.php

Line Number: 38

Severity: Warning

Message: array_key_exists() [function.array-key-exists]: The second argument should be either an array or an object

Line Number: 38

Line Number: 48

Severity: Warning

Message: array_key_exists() [function.array-key-exists]: The second argument should be either an array or an object

Fatal error: Call to undefined method Image::setWrappers() in C:\xampp\htdocs\ci2\www\codex\application\libraries\codexforms.php on line 58

[eluser]Majd Taby[/eluser]
You either have a malformed YAML configuration (use spaces, not tabs), or you're on XAMPP, in which case, try to change the include() in plugins/image.php with this line:

include_once(APPPATH.'/plugins/file.php');

[eluser]gh0st[/eluser]
Yes I am using XAMPP -- I will try your solution right now.

EDIT:
It works now. I'm am checking it out.

Thanks for your help.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB