Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
codeigniter email vs hotmail & gmail

[eluser]druid100[/eluser]
i ran into problems sending email with codeigniters native email lib to hotmail/googlemail. the emails i send just do not show up in hotmail/gmail ... neither in the inbox folder nor in the spam folder and they do not return to the sender address.

if i send emails from thunderbird/outlook to homail/gmail they arrive properly, so i'm sure the problem is not related to my outgoing mail server.

i started fiddling around with adding more headers ("Sender:" ...) and chaning the sender agent from codeigniter to a valid thunderbird tag etc. but without success.

do you guys out there ran into a similar problem?

any solutions?

any thoughts?

[eluser]Popcorn[/eluser]
This is probably down to your email configuration.

Use:
Code:
echo $this->email->print_debugger();
to display any errors if there are any.

[eluser]druid100[/eluser]
@popcorn ... i already checked this. there are no errors reported, regarding to print_debugger everything went correctly.

[eluser]John Fuller[/eluser]
Are you sure email coming from your computer is even going through your web server? I don't think that is a good test. What kind of hosting do you have?

The list of problems you could be running into is very long. You need to post more details.

For general deliverability issues, take a look at this site.

[eluser]EEssam[/eluser]
I don't think this is a CI issue. Try to send something by the native PHP mail function (http://ca.php.net/manual/en/function.mail.php) and see if it works.

[eluser]mrahman[/eluser]
These days i often have delay delivering emails to hotmail and gmail. plus when an error occurs, i receive an explicit error. i encourage you to follow the previous post above.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB