Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Libraries in subfolders

[eluser]Dave Stewart[/eluser]
I've tried this, and it appears not to work. Is this the case?
Cheers,
Dave

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
There are contributions to patch this. So you are right it doesn't work maybe the load->model path code snippet should be made into a function and put into the codeigniter/common.php file to make it available for all loaded files to use
Code:
last_mile_path($path)
{
    $return = new stdClass();

if (strpos($path, '/') === FALSE)
    {
        $return->dirs = '';
        $return->file = $path;
    }
    else
    {
    $x = explode('/', $path);
    $return->file = end($x);
    unset($x[count($x)-1]);
    $return->dirs = implode('/', $x).'/';
    }

return $return;
}

I'm sure if there were collisions in names, CI coudl also warn you, or ask you to specify a different name when loading the library, ie:

Code:
$->this->load->library('nav/navigation','nav');

As it is, I'll cope without.

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
Good remark i'm going to keep it in mind. I'm busy coming up with code to remove the hardcoded paths and the function i added above gives developers a greater flexibility putting CI related files.

Sounds useful.
xwero, are you one of CI's core developers?

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
No i'm a developer with a short attention span Smile And because i'm working with CI i try to find ways to make it better, but if they would pay me for my suggestions i wouldn't say no Wink

[quote author="xwero" date="1214937978"]No i'm a developer with a short attention span Smile[/quote]

Gotcha! I think that would cover me as well - it's certainly rewarding to aim for elegance.
Are you extending the CI_Loader class then?

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
At the moment i've made a MY_Common.php and a MY_Loader.php file for testing purposes. i'm going to release them soon. I'm already testing it at the moment on a site in development.

Looking forward to it.
Cheers,
Dave

[eluser]codex[/eluser]
[quote author="xwero" date="1214936259"]Good remark i'm going to keep it in mind. I'm busy coming up with code to remove the hardcoded paths and the function i added above gives developers a greater flexibility putting CI related files.[/quote]

Does this by any chance mean you're modifying the loader in a way that it will allow you to put files anywhere you want? Thus making it possible to move shared libraries/helpers into a 'shared resources' folder? I saw you had a feature request asking for just that.

Would be pretty handy.

EDIT: this thread http://ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/75217/

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB