Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgniter's Website not written with CodeIgniter

[eluser]J.P.C.[/eluser]
[quote author="Colin Williams" date="1219468411"]CI is a "Web Application Development Framework." CodeIgniter.com is a "Web site" not a "Web application." Sure, the lines are a bit blurred when it comes to the forums, wiki, and bug tracker.

However, Expression Engine is a Web site Content Management System, meant for building Web sites. And, the next version of EE will be built on CI. Hopefully you can grasp the difference between the tools now.

But just to summarize, CI is meant for building Web applications, not necessarily Web sites.[/quote]

As far as I know, a Web site is a web application too. Anyway, I think it isn't a good idea to not be using your own technology, the one you are "selling".
Also this site have some minor troubles with the look, i.e. some of the buttons.
Please, don't take my words in a bad sense. I'm a rookie with CI and I like it very much by now. But the marketing is a powerfull weapon you are not using if you don't take care of that details or if you don't use what you are offering.

Maybe CI grew very fast and, like everyone did in the past sometime, you had to go out with something pre-built like EE. But I see this like an issue to be solved as fast as you can to demonstrate that you are implementing CI in his own main web site.

Nevertheless, it's a good thing to knokw EE will be built on CI in the future.
On the other side, the really important one, CI is running very good and by now is exactly the right framework to me, although I'm a newbie in CI.
I hope you take this as a constructive opinion and thank you for the great work you are doing with CI.
JPC

PD: please, keep documenting the framework. It need more information, i.e. implementing in linux.

Messages In This Thread
CodeIgniter's Website not written with CodeIgniter - by El Forum - 08-22-2008, 04:48 PM
CodeIgniter's Website not written with CodeIgniter - by El Forum - 08-22-2008, 06:13 PM
CodeIgniter's Website not written with CodeIgniter - by El Forum - 08-23-2008, 08:39 AM
CodeIgniter's Website not written with CodeIgniter - by El Forum - 09-17-2008, 06:12 AM
CodeIgniter's Website not written with CodeIgniter - by El Forum - 09-17-2008, 11:41 AM
CodeIgniter's Website not written with CodeIgniter - by El Forum - 09-17-2008, 02:48 PM
CodeIgniter's Website not written with CodeIgniter - by El Forum - 09-18-2008, 11:00 AM
CodeIgniter's Website not written with CodeIgniter - by El Forum - 09-18-2008, 12:44 PM
CodeIgniter's Website not written with CodeIgniter - by El Forum - 09-19-2008, 05:42 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB