Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Theming your applicaton - How to override view files.

[eluser]jadebot[/eluser]
For example suppose I wanted to code something like Wordpress with CI.
I would need a way to enable theming. To accomplish this, I would guess that a theme plugin would simply contain duplicate-named files for all views.

Enabling the theme would tell the engine to look for the view in the theme first and fetch it there. This way all your controllers would only have to call one view such as 'master' , but the master view could be overwritten by any enabled theme.

It seems CI already does this for things like libraries, plugins, helpers etc.
I.E in the documention it always says 'CI will first look in the application folder for the file and if it does not find it there, it will look in the system ..."

I appreciate any help. Thanks.

Messages In This Thread
Theming your applicaton - How to override view files. - by El Forum - 11-03-2008, 12:16 AM
Theming your applicaton - How to override view files. - by El Forum - 11-03-2008, 01:02 AM
Theming your applicaton - How to override view files. - by El Forum - 11-03-2008, 02:04 PM
Theming your applicaton - How to override view files. - by El Forum - 11-03-2008, 02:28 PM
Theming your applicaton - How to override view files. - by El Forum - 11-06-2008, 03:20 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB