Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
How to manager different projects with similar code?

[eluser]jaswinder_rana[/eluser]
Hi:

I have started using CI since December. I am on my second project now. Both of these projects have 60% similar code which includes CI, authentication, all styling, user control panel and admin control panel.

To start my second project, I simply copied first one, deleted files that were used ONLY in first project; which amounted to 6 files only.

Now, while developing second project, I found some bugs in the common code and I have been correcting it as I go along. It's becoming a pain to fix a bug and the copy the file back to first project.

My plans are to create one more project and then release all 3 together. I plan to do same thing with 3rd one.

Is there a way to organize the code to reduce this copying and pasting while I am developing?? All projects are totally different with 60% of similar code.

Modulation came to mind but as these are different projects (except that 60% code), it won't work for me.

I am hoping that there is a way that I can set my development environment (even for future) so that I can start developing right away by using same code and can apply the changes universally (and then just upload new code).

Please help (assuming I am making sense here Smile).

Thanks

Messages In This Thread
How to manager different projects with similar code? - by El Forum - 01-01-2009, 09:59 PM
How to manager different projects with similar code? - by El Forum - 01-02-2009, 12:31 AM
How to manager different projects with similar code? - by El Forum - 01-02-2009, 10:38 AM
How to manager different projects with similar code? - by El Forum - 01-02-2009, 11:09 AM
How to manager different projects with similar code? - by El Forum - 01-02-2009, 11:46 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB