Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
using LIKE in SQL query with activerecord

[eluser]mandril[/eluser]
yeah i do that with more relevant information, maybe i should do it for tags too.. i know that relational data bases definition is to do what i didn't (in case of the tags) .. i did do that for the phones:

user_id, name , bla bla..

user_id, phone1, phone2, phone3

I understand your point and thank you for the advice, i just thought i could handle it as if it was a product name... you know.. Motorola v3 im not going to make a table for motorola to then get the v3 value Tongue so i thought a tag field for 3 or 4 tags it could work.

I also think my SQL statment(the first i post) is right.. and LIKE is not working even if i add % % =( ... maybe i end up doing another table for the tags.

Sorry if i sound roud or bad i speak spanish Tongue but i appreciate your help a lot and your dedication :-D

Just one more thing.. image you have to relate products by their name and the product does have multi strings, like this

"iphone 3G 8GB"
"toshiba satellite pro 324234"
"logitech mouse evolution 2008"

how would you do it ? i guess you are not going to create a table and store the first part of the product name in one and the rest in another.. :S

Thnx for everything Smile

Messages In This Thread
using LIKE in SQL query with activerecord - by El Forum - 02-04-2009, 02:11 PM
using LIKE in SQL query with activerecord - by El Forum - 02-04-2009, 04:38 PM
using LIKE in SQL query with activerecord - by El Forum - 02-04-2009, 05:02 PM
using LIKE in SQL query with activerecord - by El Forum - 02-04-2009, 05:24 PM
using LIKE in SQL query with activerecord - by El Forum - 02-04-2009, 06:20 PM
using LIKE in SQL query with activerecord - by El Forum - 02-04-2009, 06:44 PM
using LIKE in SQL query with activerecord - by El Forum - 02-04-2009, 10:29 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB