Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Multiple subcategory levels - need routing/controller suggestions please!!

[eluser]tpiscotti[/eluser]
Hello!

I'm working on a very basic product display site for a client.

Some of the products drill down to a 3rd level subcategory, so basically:

+ Main Product Categories
++ Sub Product Categories
+++ Product Series for each Product Sub Category (basically a 3rd level of sub cats)

So I need to get to that 3rd level of categories, then next comes a high-level summary page of products for that 3rd level of subcategories (which would be another URI segment) and then the product display page for a chosen product.

The whole URL ends up looking like: http://localhost/category/subcategory/su...splaybyID/

I realize this isn't anything out of the ordinary at all. It's just that I can't seem to figure out how to correctly accomplish this.

It seems in my particular situation I have to create sub-directories in my main controllers directory and additional sub-directories in there and then do some custom routing in routes.php. Too much required custom routing seems anything BUT dynamic to me -- but I'm sure I'm just completely missing something that's already built in. I'm new with CodeIgniter so I wanted to find out what the best approach would be for what I'm trying to accomplish.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!! If I left out any useful information you might still need, just let me know.

Thanks again in advance!
- T

Messages In This Thread
Multiple subcategory levels - need routing/controller suggestions please!! - by El Forum - 02-13-2009, 05:14 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB