Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Unfortunately, codeIgniter series v3.0 slower than series v2.0 twice.

Since I have my development site configured to switch between CI2 and CI3 by changing one line of code, I tried a comparison of loading the site's main page once in CI2 then again in CI3 (without logging into the site) and got the following wildly inaccurate and relatively useless (but mildly interesting) data:
- CI2: Page rendered in 0.0612 seconds, using 2.93MB.
Load Time: 61.2ms, Memory Used: 3.08 MB, Database: 16 Queries, Files: 134
- CI3: Page rendered in 0.0770 seconds, using 3.06MB.
Load Time: 77ms, Memory Used: 3.26 MB, Database: 17 Queries, Files: 141

My development site is also missing a number of performance optimizations which would improve the performance of both versions, which should be obvious from the load time and number of database queries. Of course, I don't have XDebug enabled at the moment (or the load times would be 2-5 times those numbers). I've always enjoyed the discrepancy between {memory_usage} and Bonfire's profiler's reporting of memory usage.

The difference in the number of queries is due to the session library being configured to use database sessions, which is something I may change before I actually move my site to CI3 for production.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Unfortunately, codeIgniter series v3.0 slower than series v2.0 twice. - by mwhitney - 03-24-2015, 08:25 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB