Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
post_controller_constructor get_instance issues

[eluser]i_like_ponies[/eluser]
Yeah I figured out my issue. I had also tried overriding the Controller class but I didn't realize that the Controller class has subclasses disabled by default and I had to change my controllers to inherit from my class name instead.

And yes, the root issue is code design goals. I need the code base to be flexible enough to meet my goals. Some of these include the following:

* multiple developers and development machines
* multiple stages of release (devel,staging,production)
* multiple site/database/feature configurations in a single code base

So I basically need an initialization function that I can user to prepare the code base for whatever site the incoming request is for. We already have a similar code base in Perl so I'm just looking for a way to replicate our current features into this framework so we can create sites in multiple programming languages.

My next goal is to incorporate our current db configuration into this framework. So I'll let you guys know how that goes. Smile

Messages In This Thread
post_controller_constructor get_instance issues - by El Forum - 03-22-2009, 05:25 PM
post_controller_constructor get_instance issues - by El Forum - 03-22-2009, 06:04 PM
post_controller_constructor get_instance issues - by El Forum - 03-22-2009, 06:22 PM
post_controller_constructor get_instance issues - by El Forum - 03-22-2009, 06:41 PM
post_controller_constructor get_instance issues - by El Forum - 03-23-2009, 12:03 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB