Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Ajax and MVC

[eluser]JosGo[/eluser]
If you are talking about web 2.0 items like accordeon's, etc. thepyromaniac is fully right. You can do that using just one controller and the ajax-routines in the controller-class are all about what's on the controller's native screen.
But indeed JosGo his idea is to jump from let's say a screen handling person-data to a screen handling roles to a screen handling grants without rebuilding the entire page. In correct MVC-style that would mean using three controllers and the accompanying (says my dictionary) models and views. In the examples seen thus far nobody does that. I've used it in a non-CI-application and it keeps everything fast for even users with analogue lines.

Apart from that half the solution is already in CI and also in the view-library fom CF mentioned by esra. The $this->load->view can be called using a third boolean parameter. Set it to true and the view-call gives you all output back as a string, which can be sent to a DIV under your control. All examples showed enough about loading, I thought, so I had never looked in the loader-class-documentation.

Remains the second controller-half of my original problem to be solved and of course the new issues raised by _mike_. Never a dull moment.

Messages In This Thread
Ajax and MVC - by El Forum - 07-11-2007, 12:45 PM
Ajax and MVC - by El Forum - 07-11-2007, 02:34 PM
Ajax and MVC - by El Forum - 07-11-2007, 03:28 PM
Ajax and MVC - by El Forum - 07-12-2007, 10:28 AM
Ajax and MVC - by El Forum - 07-12-2007, 08:39 PM
Ajax and MVC - by El Forum - 07-12-2007, 10:43 PM
Ajax and MVC - by El Forum - 07-13-2007, 01:10 PM
Ajax and MVC - by El Forum - 07-13-2007, 01:25 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB