Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
looking for some design concept help?

[eluser]jbowman[/eluser]
Maybe someone here can help me. I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out how I'm going to do one part of my new project. I figure, CI has quite a crew of good developers on it's forums, so maybe I can get some help here.

I'm doing a custom profile solution, a pretty complex one. I have the following tables

page
layout_row
layout-column
widget
skin

Skins apply to both pages and widgets. That's actually the easy part, coming up with all of that. What I'm trying to figure out how to handle is when users will be editing their profile. Each one of those tables has multiple fields, that would be one action to change, for non-javascript enabled browsers.

I'm trying to figure out the best way to handle multiple edits being done, before the final page is pushed public. That way, a non-javascript enabled browser user can fully customize their profile page, without the changes take place on their version of the profile that is displayed to other users.

I'm calling out non-javascript enabled users, because I realize this can easily be handled with a javascript engine to customize the page, and I fully intend on doing that. I'm building for non-javascript enabled browsers first though.

Messages In This Thread
looking for some design concept help? - by El Forum - 07-17-2007, 06:51 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB