Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
questions about forms

[eluser]piranha_swe[/eluser]
Hi

My second post now, thanks for the reply in the first one.

I've been working on a form and redoing it too many times now. I'm not sure how CI wants me to deal with forms.

Here is what I want to do:
I have a form, includes fileuploads, checkboxes, selects and several input fields.

I want to be able to enter all data in the fields, press "create entry" and have it posted and I want all fields (except file) to have the posted data in the fields.
On the right hand of the form I have a list of the last 20 entries that I can click and populate the fields so I can edit my previous posts and click "update entry".

My problem is that I'm used to setting value="<?php echo $posted[3] ?>" for example.
This way I can load from DB into $posted array and populate fields or I can post and have my post array sent into the $posted array to repopulate fields.

However it seems like CI wants me to do it in a diffrent way because the value="<?php echo $posted[3] ?>" gives me notice errors when the array is empty.

I tried using the form helper class and set_select and set_value and so on. But I ran into trouble, actually it didnt do anything at all for me, but even if it had worked for my posting I guess my loading from DB wouldnt have been able to populate the fields?

So right now I just spent alot of time on this but in the end I get notice errors. Do you shut notice errors off? Or do you play by their rules?

How could I accomplish this using CI style programing?

Messages In This Thread
questions about forms - by El Forum - 08-10-2009, 10:03 AM
questions about forms - by El Forum - 08-10-2009, 10:34 AM
questions about forms - by El Forum - 08-10-2009, 10:59 AM
questions about forms - by El Forum - 08-10-2009, 11:07 AM
questions about forms - by El Forum - 08-10-2009, 11:21 AM
questions about forms - by El Forum - 08-10-2009, 11:43 AM
questions about forms - by El Forum - 08-10-2009, 11:46 AM
questions about forms - by El Forum - 08-10-2009, 01:58 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB