Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
xss filtering Q: Fatal error: Call to undefined function get_instance() ...system/libraries/Input.php on line 855

[eluser]chrisco23[/eluser]
Hi all,

This evening I upgraded CI on one of my sites from 1.5.0.1 to 1.5.4.

Everything went pretty smoothly for the most part but one thing concerns me that I'm still not clear on.

When I first upgraded, I tried to enter some form data using the fckeditor (that I'd been using all along), and I got:

Code:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function get_instance() ...system/libraries/Input.php on line 855

I looked at this code for a bit, saw that it had something to do with xss filtering, and realized that the new config file has that turned off by default.

Now I really know hardly anything about xss filtering, but I was under the impression that I was safer having this set to 'true', rather than (apparently the new(?) default) 'false'.

Can someone enlighten further as to why this code exists but defaults to 'false', and causes a fatal error for my fckeditor when set to 'true'? BTW, the fckeditor I'm using is pretty restrictive: only allowing a few tags: b, p, br, i, ... think that's it really.

Thanks!
Chris

Messages In This Thread
xss filtering Q: Fatal error: Call to undefined function get_instance() ...system/libraries/Input.php on line 855 - by El Forum - 07-19-2007, 02:54 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB