Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
IDE's with debuggers that actually work with CodeIgniter

[eluser]BrianDHall[/eluser]
I was playing around with some IDE's today and took a reccomendation to try Aptana. Debugging doesn't seem to work with CI the way I would want it - which is set a breakpoint in, say, my view or controller, then click 'debug' and it halts right there then allowing me to step into/out of/over the code one line of a time, and giving me access to variable values, various scopes that exist at that point in time, objects and their values, etc.

With PhpED this works fine - I can't use breakpoints, I have to type in DebugBreak() and then open the page I want to debug in a localhost browser window...but frankly this isn't a big deal as far as work-arounds go. It works, and I'm good with that.

I wanted to see about a debugger with a little better intellisense and support for SVN/Git source control (PhpED oddly only supports CVS internally, not that using an outside management program would be so horrible - which is what I'll probably end up doing), and any other nice extras would be cool but that's really what I was after.

I tried Aptana, which fits the bill...but debugging doesn't work and in my google searches everyone seems to just say "oh yeah, I don't use that..." and in the Aptana forums it shows up on a lot of wish lists that they want for support for frameworks like CodeIgniter and Cake.

So, what options are they with fully working integrated debugging and SVN/Git source control, and intellisense that works with frameworks like CodeIgniter? Does netbeans or the Zend IDE do all this?

EDIT: Oh, PhpED has inline syntax warning, so if you forget a ; or mismatch a { or ( or ' or " it lets you know right away, which has been so damn useful that I refuse to ever do without it again.

Messages In This Thread
IDE's with debuggers that actually work with CodeIgniter - by El Forum - 09-04-2009, 07:39 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB