Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Help! needed with a database problem.

[eluser]jedd[/eluser]
Hi kidrok and welcome to the CI forums.

I think you're making yourself confused here, with the various bits and bobs.

I'd suggest that you hunt down a copy of XAMPP (?) or something similar, perhaps even set up a virtual machine on your home computer (Microsoft something, I gather) to play with CI on. In either case, you'll be a lot better off once you control the environment you're working in.

Accessing your school's server with SSH is good - but you'd have to make sure the PHP instance on the server was set up to load the pdo_sqlite stuff. The changes you make to a new file called php.ini on your computer at home won't make any difference to what the server at school is doing.

You could check, using your shell, if the school server is already running something more useful - such as mysql:

$ ps aux | grep mysql

(You're looking for something like mysqld_safe already running.)

Of course it's possible your school server has mysql running on a separate dedicated box, or that even if it's running a database server that you need to have a database created for you first - you'd have to check with the admins of the box. It's unlikely they'd provide sqlite, but not a real database instance for you to use.

Messages In This Thread
Help! needed with a database problem. - by El Forum - 09-12-2009, 05:08 PM
Help! needed with a database problem. - by El Forum - 09-12-2009, 05:38 PM
Help! needed with a database problem. - by El Forum - 09-12-2009, 05:59 PM
Help! needed with a database problem. - by El Forum - 09-13-2009, 01:35 AM
Help! needed with a database problem. - by El Forum - 09-13-2009, 04:04 AM
Help! needed with a database problem. - by El Forum - 09-13-2009, 04:26 AM
Help! needed with a database problem. - by El Forum - 09-13-2009, 05:41 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB