Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Flexible intranet development. Taking thoughts.

[eluser]vasocreta[/eluser]
THANK YOU for all of this input. I have a lot to sift through as I venture on this intranet thing and your feedback and thoughts were helpful and insightful.

I think that the main thing with any framework is learning how to leverage the structure of the framework with the envisioned structure (IA) of the site in development. The intranet that we are building is slightly unique in the sense that it is really a bunch of micro-sites that essentially live under a singular umbrella. So, you might have a little home on the intranet for HR, but then you have a project team that desires their neck of the woods to be laid out differently and incorporate different functionality than another project team.

Anyway...that is probably more than you wanted to know.

For now, I am going to be plugging through the documentation, using up A LOT of sticky notes on the wall and checking out ModX (which will not work if it is like most other CMSs and all pages have to conform to a singular theme).

Your gracious replies have added some flavor to the cud I am currently chewing. :-)

Messages In This Thread
Flexible intranet development. Taking thoughts. - by El Forum - 09-17-2009, 04:07 PM
Flexible intranet development. Taking thoughts. - by El Forum - 09-18-2009, 02:31 AM
Flexible intranet development. Taking thoughts. - by El Forum - 09-18-2009, 02:45 AM
Flexible intranet development. Taking thoughts. - by El Forum - 09-18-2009, 08:23 AM
Flexible intranet development. Taking thoughts. - by El Forum - 09-18-2009, 10:59 AM
Flexible intranet development. Taking thoughts. - by El Forum - 09-18-2009, 12:18 PM
Flexible intranet development. Taking thoughts. - by El Forum - 09-21-2009, 07:51 AM
Flexible intranet development. Taking thoughts. - by El Forum - 09-21-2009, 08:01 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB