Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Please point me in the right direction for this DB oriented project.

[eluser]walterbyrd[/eluser]
Although I'm making fair good progress. I am just now learning codeignitor.

I am working on a database oriented project for an HOA. There will be about 1000 records, and some relational work. I think the project will be mostly CRUD oriented. I will also need different levels of user authentication. There will be forms and reports. I would love to have inline editing, but I doubt I can get that, even with a third part library.

I am wondering if codeignitor is good choice for such a project. Codeignitor does not seem to do crud natively. I know there are 3rd party libraries, but I'm a little less comfortable with that. Codeignitor also does not seem to have any sort of native authentication - but I guess I can write my own.

I suppose the two third party apps, that might be helpful for me, would be Rapyd or CodeCrafter. Of those two, which would be more appropriate for this project? Or, for this particular project, maybe I'd be better off with another tool? I was also looking at AutoCRUD - I don't know if anybody knows anything about that. I was also thinking about CakePHP.

Any advice, or relevant information would be appreciated.

Messages In This Thread
Please point me in the right direction for this DB oriented project. - by El Forum - 07-28-2007, 11:53 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB