Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
caching problem - my clients network caches my apps pages, serving the same page over and over

[eluser]skattabrain[/eluser]
I have an issue with a client, their network seems to be aggressively caching my application. for example ... when a user logs in, they they have extra tools loaded unto their pages ... if 1 person on the network accesses the page, it's like their servers will only serve their users this page over and over again ... disregarding cookies and my various added header tags (added to combat this issue).

Even on password restricted pages ... if a user with a certain access level loads the page first, then it seems intermittently this same page is fetched over and over ... ignoring the access levels of other users. (for example ... user A might only see certain nav bar, but user B might have an enhanced nav bar with more options/links).

I'm at wits end ... i'm getting ready to add a microsecond hash to all urls! gasp!

Here are my headers ... i put them all in the header view as the first line ... is that a problem? does it need to be in the controller?

Code:
$this->output->set_header("Last-Modified: " . gmdate( "D, j M Y H:i:s" ) . " GMT"); // Date in the past
$this->output->set_header("Expires: " . gmdate( "D, j M Y H:i:s", time() ) . " GMT"); // always modified
$this->output->set_header("Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate"); // HTTP/1.1
$this->output->set_header("Cache-Control: post-check=0, pre-check=1", FALSE);
$this->output->set_header("Pragma: no-cache");

Messages In This Thread
caching problem - my clients network caches my apps pages, serving the same page over and over - by El Forum - 10-05-2009, 07:49 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB