Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Administration of wizard (or step) style application

[eluser]BrianDHall[/eluser]
Before I used Datamapper Overzealous Extention with the HTMLForm extension (which would make all this 10X simpler), I found it best to cut the form into individual views - but not include either the form open, form close, or submit buttons.

This way I was able to have a listing creator, login form, and account creation form all on the same page to cut down the number of steps needed for someone to buy a listing from my site.

Then you just need to make sure your controller logic is setup in such a way as to support the handling of all form submissions at once. In your case I would build a _process_form($_POST) function in the controller that handles all the form processing, and have it done so it could process just part of a form or the whole thing at once.

This would allow you to only write individual pieces of the form once, yet be able to have an admin option where you just load all the form views at once and spit them out as a single form.

Messages In This Thread
Administration of wizard (or step) style application - by El Forum - 11-05-2009, 08:49 AM
Administration of wizard (or step) style application - by El Forum - 11-05-2009, 09:06 AM
Administration of wizard (or step) style application - by El Forum - 11-05-2009, 09:28 AM
Administration of wizard (or step) style application - by El Forum - 11-05-2009, 09:31 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB