Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Introducing Fire: Similar to Cake’s Bake and RoR’s script/generate

[eluser]Michael Wales[/eluser]
As I started working on a rewrite of an older project I got to thinking about how much time I spend in Windows Explorer, rather than actually working on my project. Right-click > New Text Document > Rename to my .php file

It seems to add up - then you have to go in an add the standard starter code to your controllers and models - all of this is time taken away from developing your application!

I'm not sure if something exists for Code Igniter already, but I spent 10 minutes this morning developing a php script that will ease the process of creating controllers and models (and I added views for pretty much no reason as well). Similar to Ruby on Rails' script/generate, Fire will allow you to create new controllers, models, and view via the command line - preloaded with the standard code and ready for use.

Check out my blog for more information and download: Introducing Fire: A Code Igniter Utility.

I'm definitely open to suggestions - as I said, it's extremely basic at the moment - since I am wanting to jump into my project ASAP. But, if it proves useful to others and myself I will continue developing it into a more robust solution. I'm really wanting to get Ruby on Rails style migrations in there - we'll see.

Messages In This Thread
Introducing Fire: Similar to Cake’s Bake and RoR’s script/generate - by El Forum - 08-05-2007, 12:27 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB