Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Page cannot be displayed

[eluser]JanDoToDo[/eluser]
Hey guys,

I just got a project and it is based on the CodeIgniter framework. I haven't used this before so kind of a steep learning curve!

I copied all the files from the test server to my local server and made no changes. The site works on the test server but it will not work on my local server. All of the links are site relative and i have updated the settings in the config file. The database info stays the same.

The browser will load up the original index.php file and display that information. I know it is not a DB error as that page requires the db and displays info from it. Whenever i click on any of the links from that page i get a "page cannot be found" error.

I tried changing the URI protocol in the settings as the toubleshooter page told me to but they made no difference, well except for - when i use the standard uri protocol i get a standard, generic IE error page but when i change it to request uri and orig path info, i get the custom 404 error message.

When i make a new custom controllor, it will not load that controller even though its dependant on no other files.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Cheers

Messages In This Thread
Page cannot be displayed - by El Forum - 12-07-2009, 12:13 PM
Page cannot be displayed - by El Forum - 12-13-2009, 04:54 PM
Page cannot be displayed - by El Forum - 12-14-2009, 12:08 AM
Page cannot be displayed - by El Forum - 12-14-2009, 12:40 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB