Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Best way to start off a new project?

[eluser]CI2RULZ[/eluser]
everyone is different I suppose. for me I usually build the entire front end design, every page, all doohickeys and gadgity-rific items first... then once everyone who cares is happy about it... get all backend on its colorful arse. lol

Doesn't matter what setting I work in, I find this just works the best for me. I know the layout of where everything static will be, and everything dynamic. I know how it will work and function and why... public, private, admin, or otherwise, so adding the code necessary to make that happen is then easy... it's like paint by numbers (without the paint, or numbers, or brush .... ok... it's just coding damn it). So fellow tortured above, I'm in total concurrence with you. Sometimes I will break out the code as I go with the design, and ultimately it's just a sad sight to see someone crying on their keyboard. Revisions, revisions, revisions. I don't care how well you plan it, how long the doc was you got about the project, how many trees were killed for diagram flow charts, the client will change their mind... it never fails.

There is no right way or wrong way, just jump in and figure out what works for you, your clients, the environment, "the man", or whoever you do this for.

Messages In This Thread
Best way to start off a new project? - by El Forum - 12-28-2009, 01:39 PM
Best way to start off a new project? - by El Forum - 12-28-2009, 03:56 PM
Best way to start off a new project? - by El Forum - 12-28-2009, 10:17 PM
Best way to start off a new project? - by El Forum - 12-29-2009, 05:52 AM
Best way to start off a new project? - by El Forum - 12-29-2009, 04:27 PM
Best way to start off a new project? - by El Forum - 12-30-2009, 01:10 PM
Best way to start off a new project? - by El Forum - 01-07-2010, 05:35 AM
Best way to start off a new project? - by El Forum - 01-22-2010, 12:01 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB