Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Scope of a CMS

[eluser]JanDoToDo[/eluser]
Hey guys. I know this is done to death but would appreciate some feedback.

So CMS allows the users to access an admin part of the site to add/change elements. However, to use the CMS properly does every page have to be controlled by a single controller? Otherwise how would you make a controller specific for a page that you've just made?

Also, if you had a site with say, a home page and then 4 other links to subpages each with their own menu systems in (that could equally be subdomains but for this purpose not so) how would you control the subpages? Would every single page on the site be through one controller? If so wouldnt then every page URL have to be prefixed with say domain.com "/page_controller/sports" And then what if the depth/url gets really long and the variables sent to the method for the sports page are completely different to the variables that get sent to the, e.g. movies method "page_controller/movies".

And then what if you only wanted it to show domain.com/sports i.e. remove completely any reference to the page_controller? Alternatively, if the "sports" section has its own controller, this would solve the problem however if each page had a controller then in the CMS you couldnt add new pages - only change previous ones as there would be no controller for a newly created page.

Hope you can understand this and point out any thoughts and direct me to some reading! Smile
ty!

Messages In This Thread
Scope of a CMS - by El Forum - 01-07-2010, 04:40 PM
Scope of a CMS - by El Forum - 01-07-2010, 11:39 PM
Scope of a CMS - by El Forum - 01-08-2010, 03:33 AM
Scope of a CMS - by El Forum - 01-08-2010, 04:14 AM
Scope of a CMS - by El Forum - 01-08-2010, 07:09 AM
Scope of a CMS - by El Forum - 01-08-2010, 07:54 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB